By Jennifer Hodgdon
If you’re an online programmer new to Drupal, this e-book exhibits you which of them programming ideas you could use—and that you should still avoid—when development customized net functions with this content material administration framework. Drupal has its personal set of programming ideas that require a distinct method, and plenty of programmers make error whilst counting on talents they’ve used for different initiatives. the ideas during this ebook assist you in the course of the transition by way of demonstrating which programming practices comply with the “Drupal way,” and which don’t.
If you’re conversant in Hypertext Preprocessor, you’ll fast easy methods to make the most of the strong Drupal API.
* Get an entire assessment of Drupal, together with Drupal middle and add-on modules and subject matters
* research Drupal’s uncomplicated programming ideas, akin to the facility to customise habit and output with hooks
* realize universal Drupal programming mistakes—and why hacking is one in all them
* discover particular parts the place you could placed your programming abilities to paintings
* examine programming guidance and instruments that will help you excellent and debug your functions
Read or Download A Programmer's Guide to Drupal PDF
Similar programming books
For those who understand how to software with a common function language comparable to Ruby or Python, you can even the way to use the interval in a realistic and smooth sort. in spite of the fact that, you wish many concepts which are solely absent from each C textbook out there - other than this one. "21st Century C" assembles the entire instruments you must write effective, state of the art courses with C.
If you’re an online programmer new to Drupal, this ebook indicates you which of them programming suggestions you could use—and that you should still avoid—when construction customized net functions with this content material administration framework. Drupal has its personal set of programming rules that require a distinct procedure, and lots of programmers make blunders while hoping on talents they’ve used for different tasks. the information during this publication assist you during the transition by way of demonstrating which programming practices agree to the “Drupal way,” and which don’t.
If you’re acquainted with personal home page, you’ll fast methods to benefit from the robust Drupal API.
* Get an entire review of Drupal, together with Drupal center and add-on modules and topics
* examine Drupal’s uncomplicated programming rules, reminiscent of the facility to customise habit and output with hooks
* realize universal Drupal programming mistakes—and why hacking is one among them
* discover particular components the place you could positioned your programming abilities to paintings
* study programming suggestions and instruments that can assist you ideal and debug your purposes
Expand your wisdom on ElasticSearch, and querying and knowledge dealing with, besides its inner workings
• know about Apache Lucene and ElasticSearch layout and structure to totally know the way this nice seek engine works
• layout, configure, and distribute your index, coupled with a deep realizing of the workings in the back of it
• find out about the complex gains in a simple to learn booklet with particular examples that can assist you comprehend and use the subtle positive factors of ElasticSearch
ElasticSearch is quickly, allotted, scalable, and written within the Java seek engine that leverages Apache Lucene features supplying a brand new point of keep an eye on over the way you index and seek even the most important set of data.
"Mastering ElasticSearch" covers the intermediate and complicated functionalities of ElasticSearch and may allow you to comprehend not just how ElasticSearch works, yet also will consultant you thru its internals reminiscent of caches, Apache Lucene library, tracking functions, and the Java API. as well as that you'll see the sensible utilization of ElasticSearch configuration parameters, tracking API, and easy-to-use and expand examples on the best way to expand ElasticSearch by means of writing your individual plugins.
"Mastering ElasticSearch" starts off through exhibiting you ways Apache Lucene works and what the ElasticSearch structure feels like. It covers complex querying functions, index configuration regulate, index distribution, ElasticSearch management and troubleshooting. ultimately you'll see easy methods to enhance the user’s seek adventure, use the supplied Java API and enhance your personal customized plugins.
It might help you find out how Apache Lucene works either by way of querying and indexing. You'll additionally easy methods to use assorted scoring types, rescoring records utilizing different queries, regulate how the index is written by utilizing customized postings and what segments merging is, and the way to configure it on your wishes. You'll optimize your queries through editing them to take advantage of filters and you'll see why it is necessary. The ebook describes in info tips to use the shard allocation mechanism found in ElasticSearch akin to compelled awareness.
If you're looking for a ebook that may let you simply expand your easy wisdom approximately ElasticSearch otherwise you are looking to move deeper into the realm of complete textual content seek utilizing ElasticSearch then this publication is for you.
What you are going to examine from this publication
• know the way Apache Lucene works
• Use and configure assorted scoring types to change default scoring mechanism
• make the most question rescore to recalculate the rating of most sensible N records
• select the correct quantity of shards and replicas on your deployment
• Use shards allocation correctly and comprehend its internals
• modify the index layout through the use of assorted postings structure
• Use your wisdom to create scalable, effective, and fault tolerant clusters
• video display your cluster through the use of and figuring out the ElasticSearch API
• discover ways to keep watch over segments merging and why ElasticSearch makes use of merging in any respect
• triumph over issues of rubbish assortment, threading, and I/O
• increase the consumer seek adventure through the use of ElasticSearch performance
• increase an software utilizing the ElasticSearch Java API and strengthen customized ElasticSearch plugins
A sensible educational that covers the tough layout, implementation, and administration of seek solutions.
This publication will convey you that PostgreSQL is a lot more than a database server. actually, it will possibly also be visible as an software improvement framework, with the further bonuses of transaction help, gigantic info garage, journaling, restoration, and a number of alternative positive aspects that the PostgreSQL engine offers.
- Game Programming Gems 3 (Game Programming Gems Series) (v. 3)
- The Sun Certified Java Developer Exam with J2SE 1.4 - Chapter 7
- HTML5 Game Development with GameMaker
- The Black Art of Programming
Extra resources for A Programmer's Guide to Drupal
Luckily, modules that define complex content permissions have APIs that make obeying the permissions feasible, without knowing the details of the permissions that are in place on a particular site. ) and the node content item you are operating on. And if you are writing a module that queries the database to make a node content item listing, such as a block that lists content satisfying some criteria, you need to add the node_access tag to your database query. This will ensure that only items the user has permission to view are returned by the query, without having to guess at what particular permissions modules might be in use.
When adding an administrative page for your module, put it in an appropriate section of the existing administrative user interface hierarchy of Drupal core, so people can find it easily. • Test your user interfaces and theme for accessibility. • Make sure that all information you present is available in text format (not just in images or diagrams), so screen reader users can access it. Search engines also only index text information, so making your site accessible in this way will also help its visibility in search engines.
The Notifications module can also be useful—it lets users subscribe to content updates on a site. Site navigation Novice Drupal programmers sometimes want to hardcode site navigation into their theme templates, because they have used this approach to ensure uniform naviga‐ tion on custom-built PHP/MySQL or pure HTML sites in the past. While this is certainly possible, it’s much better to use the core Menu module to manage site navigation. , and use CSS to style them ap‐ propriately. Drupal will automatically omit navigation items that are not accessible to whoever is viewing the site, and you will be able to manage the menus in the administrative user interface.
A Programmer's Guide to Drupal by Jennifer Hodgdon